Clay, tools, paints, paintbrushes, clear glazing and 2 kiln firings. Plus nibbles and/or bubbles.
All work will be available for collection from acquire@DESIGN approximately 3 weeks from the final class.
All paints and glazes are food safe.
Over 2 sessions, learn to handbuild 2 ceramic pieces.
Learn various techniques to achieve interest- ing surface patterns as well as finishing with your hand painted designs.
What to Bring:
Your imagination, an apron or old shirt
Cost: $130 all inclusive for 2 week session
Bookings: Please call acquire@DESIGN to secure your place. ph: 9557 7037
Venue: acquire@DESIGN, 445 King St, Newtown.
OUR NEXT POTTERY CLASS IS ON 10 & 24 AUGUST - DETAILS BELOW
celebrating independent designers
Week 1 - Saturday, August 10, 3-5pm:
- Prepare and roll out your clay
- Build your shapes using various surface patterns as desired
- Suggested shapes - cups, small bowls, vases / pourers, planters
All pieces are then stored to allow the clay to dry out completely.
Week 2 - Saturday, August 24, 3-5pm:
- Clean and smooth any rough edges of your dried pieces
- Paint / decorate your work with underglaze ceramic paints (option to add a sec- tion of japanese transfer paper, a small extra cost)
All pieces then go through a first firing before a clear glaze is added prior to a second and final firing.